Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What I'm reading

Right now I'm about to finish City of Fallen Angels, by Cassandra Clare. It's the fourth book in her Mortal Instruments series. So far, it's just what I expected it to be: a fun, action-packed read. I'm enjoying getting a bit more of Simon in this story, and I like that the romantic relationship is in the we're-already-a-couple-but-growing-in-our-relationship-and-dealing-with-stuff-or-not stage. It's a nice change from the typical boy meets girl.

I've also started Monsters of Men, by Patrick Ness, the final installment of his gripping and heart-wrenching Chaos Walking trilogy. Holy cow. That's all I can say.

And slightly related to what I'm reading...I've also started watching the first season of the t.v. show Friday Night Lights. It's a good show -- solid storytelling, interesting characters and great actors. All the things I enjoy from a good book! And even though the insane football stuff just makes me shake my head in wonder, I have to admit it kinda makes me miss Texas a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment