Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Snapshot reviews

Kitty and the Midnight Hour, by Carrie Vaughn -- a fun book about a late-night radio show host who also happens to be a new werewolf. It's not campy, but doesn't take itself too seriously. I also liked the way Kitty (ironic name for a werewolf, yes?) really exhibited character development throughout the story, which gave it a nice depth. Bottom line: great start to a series I plan to continue reading.

Daughter of Smoke and Bones, by Laini Taylor -- raise your hand if you want to visit Prague? (raises hand). This book has a ton of things going for it. Unique story, vivid characters, a wonderful sense of place and mood, and it's full of emotion. Hope and love and mystery and aching heartbreak.It's the kind of book that I just liked more and more as I continued reading it. I can't wait for the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment