Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I heart Stay Awhile

I just finished Stay Awhile, the third book in the Wilfair series by Alysia Gray Painter. I talked about the first two books here. Stay Awhile is more of the same awesome blend of humor and heart, with the added bonus of some major swoon. I mean...seriously is-it-hot-in-here-or-is-it-just-me kind of swoon. Fair, if you don't meet Gomery at the diving board I WILL (well...I'm married, so probably not, but you get my drift). Alysia Gray Painter has some serious skills -- I have rarely read a book where two young adults creep so slowly toward a possible relationship (like mastadon slow...rrowr), and yet they generate enough electricity to light up all of Los Angelos. But aside from that...I'll admit I was a little concerned at first that not enough plot secrets would be revealed, but thankfully, Ms. Painter delivered lots of juicy plot bits along with some really great character development.

Bottom line: still love these books! Quirky fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment