Wednesday, March 20, 2013

odds and ends

So, I just got back into the country yesterday. Hubby and I went with my dad to Israel for 10 amazing days. It was my first time to Israel, and my first time anywhere in the Middle East. Awesome! I'm in a bit of a jet-lagged, post-vacation fog at the moment, but eventually I'll settle back into a routine. I'm in the middle of a book right now (Settlers of Catan...yes, it's inspired by the board game) and thinking of seeking out some good Middle Eastern literature for my next read. Also, anyone knowledgeable about oud music and musicians? I heard some while I was there and loved it. 

In the meantime, here's a list:

Rugged mountains
Banana trees, date palms, olive groves
Floating in the Dead Sea
History come to life
Lots of people in small spaces
Stone
Wading in the Jordan River and Sea of Galilea
Beach day in Tel Aviv
Scarves
Pottery
Hebrew
Arabic
Shawarma
Falafal
Pilgrims
Walking and people watching
Bazaar
Gardens
Churches
Community

No comments:

Post a Comment