Tuesday, July 15, 2014

T.V. Tuesday

The premier of the new Disney show Girl Meets World (I haven't seen it...since I don't have cable and haven't managed to find it streaming anywhere yet) has got me thinking about it's predecessor. I was a huge fan of Boy Meets World. The show ran during my junior high, high school, and early college years. I remember watching the series finale with my friends Lesley, Katie, and Kristy -- I didn't cry at the end, but it was definitely a bittersweet moment. The end to a piece of my adolescence, marking the passing of time the way the finale of The Cosby Show seemed to mark the end of my childhood. Something about these two shows just clicked with me. It's funny how some stories seem to do that -- be it television shows, books, or movies. There's something about them that feels real, and while other stories can be wonderful, entertaining, and moving, there's nothing like a story that gets inside and becomes part of your history. The Ramona Books, Little House on the Prairie, and the Anne of Green Gables series are all books that definitely fall into that category for me as well. There's nothing like finding a friend like that.

And on a related note...anyone who watched Girl Meets World have an opinion? I'm a little scared, I have to admit. Part of me wants to stay away.

No comments:

Post a Comment