Monday, May 23, 2016

A Monday list

1. You may have noticed it's a Presidential election year. You know, if you have eyes or ears. I'd like to also remind everyone that in addition to educating yourself before voting -- not just buying all the sound bites -- remember that the President is not the only person we are electing. And, for those who have forgotten a lot of what we learned in civics/government/social studies, the executive branch is not the only branch of our government. We also need to pay attention to who we're electing to Congress and the Senate at both the state and local levels, to School Board, County Commissioner, Mayor, Governor, etc. There are a lot of elected officials that affect our lives in big ways, and I think if we really want change in our country and in our government we need to look at all levels, and all positions.

2. On a lighter note....hiding chocolate chip cookies in the freezer doesn't necessarily mean 'out of sight, out of mind.'

3. Another hot and humid week ahead. I'm not ready for summer weather. Although I always love summer produce.

4. Speaking of produce...I've got some basil growing! Finally! Now I just need to get some rosemary going. I may jump start that with some seedlings.

5. Reading...The Raven King, by Maggie Stiefvater. I'm taking my time. Partly because I'm also in a Netflix mood these days and partly because I want to savor every moment. Savor writing that gives you lines like this:

"It had been a lot more straightforward when she'd just assumed that she could despise them all from the thin air of the moral high ground"

"She just wanted to be friends with Gansey forever, and maybe one day also have carnal knowledge of him."

No comments:

Post a Comment