Wednesday, April 17, 2019

A Wednesday list...

1. What I'm reading...
A few weeks ago I was talking to the mom of one of my daughter's classmates, and we started talking about books. She said she'd recently read a fantasy series that starts with The Watchmaker's Daughter, by C.J. Archer, and y'all I am DIGGING these books. They're a combination of Victorian mysteries and light fantasy, and they're fun, quick reads. I also recently started a book that caught my eye on a library display: The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu, by Joshua Hammer. It's a story about the preservation of ancient manuscripts in Northern Africa. I'm just a few chapters in, but already it's extremely fascinating.

2. What I'm watching/listening to...
The Amazing Race is BACK!!! This season is a "reality showdown," with contestants from The Amazing Race, Survivor, and Big Brother. I'm familiar with a few of the teams, including one of my all-time favorite crazy Amazing Race team from several years ago (Colin and Christie!!). Jeremy and I also recently finished the third season of The Expanse, and it was everything I wanted it to be.

3. Grateful...
Jeremy and I are traveling to England and France this summer for a week-long vacation, and it's been on my mind this week because we recently booked the train travel and accommodations for our overnight in Reims, France (we'll be watching a Women's World Cup game! U.S. v.s Thailand). I am beyond grateful for the chance to take this trip (with a special thank you for my parents and my niece who are coming to watch our kiddos during that week! Y'all are the best!)

4. A little inspiration...
The song "Brother" by Needtobreathe has been out for a while, but I've become re-obsessed with it lately. It's such an inspiring, beautiful, heart-full song (I realize heart-full isn't really a word, but it's my blog, I'll make up words if I want. ;-) ) anyway...if you need an excuse or push to call someone you love, give it another listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment