Wednesday, May 22, 2019

A Wednesday list....

Y'all. Last week was about 25 years long, so I missed my typical creative post. This week a lot of my creative energy is being funneled into a fun Instagram challenge, so we're going to stick to regularly scheduled programming and I'm hitting you with a list of things I'm digging. Enjoy!

1. What I'm reading.
I'm currently reading a sci-fi space opera called Enemy Immortal, by Jim Meeks-Johnson; and I just finished a light and breezy book of essays by Lincee Ray called It's a Love Story. I've got a big stack of library books waiting for me when I finish Enemy Immortal, and I went to a local author fair at a neighborhood bookstore last weekend and picked up a historical fiction novel that looks really interesting.

2. What I'm watching.
Jeremy and I spent the last couple of weeks watching Umbrella Academy on Netflix, and I thought it was fantastic. It's the story of a dysfunctional family of orphans in superhero wrapping. It has a highly stylized aesthetic (it reminds me a bit of early Quentin Tarantino), a nice mix of action and quiet interpersonal drama, and a top notch cast. There's a character who is a 58 year old man stuck in the body of a 12 year old boy, and I never of that actor as a 12 year old, he did such a good job.

3. What I'm grateful for.
At this very moment I'm grateful for high speed internet access and the ability to stream music all day long. It's also grocery shopping day, and I am always grateful for our local HEB grocery store. I told Jeremy the other day that if we ever move, I'm going to miss HEB the most.

4. A little inspiration
"The effect of Jesus' giving of his own life; the example of love, non-retaliation, the kingdom way of confronting evil with goodness; Jesus' taking of the world's hatred and anger onto himself; and beyond all these, the defeat of the powers of evil, the blotting out of the sins of the world, the love of God shining through the dark clouds of wickedness -- all of this is now to be seen around the world. It is seen not only in the millions who worship Jesus and thank him for his death, but in the work of healing which flows from it; in reconciliation and hope for communities and for individuals."
 - N.T. Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment