Sunday, December 5, 2010

Darn you roosters!

So, last night I flew back into the U.S. after being in Haiti on a mission trip for 8 days. For 8 mornings, I awoke somewhere between 4 and 5 a.m. because there were a lot of roosters in the neighborhood around where we were staying, and it's the Caribbean = open living. So this morning, when I could be sleeping in, I wake up at 5 a.m. and can't go back to sleep. Instead of tossing and turning (didn't want to wake the hubby up), I got up to catch up on a little Internet time.

So about books...
I'm in the middle of a huge monster of a book: The Way of Kings, by Brandon Sanderson. It's a high fantasy novel - the first in a series - and so far I'm really digging it. Brandon Sanderson is awesome! (which I already knew. If you aren't familiar with his work and don't hate fantasy, check out Elantris and the Mistborn trilogy. He also has a MG series that I haven't read yet but I'm sure is awesome. It's called Alcatrez and the Evil Librarian). I did just read a classic children's book for a book club I'm joining: The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

No comments:

Post a Comment