Monday, August 8, 2016

A Monday list

1. I've basically discovered that anything with salted caramel and chocolate is going to be kryptonite. So I've decided that resistance is futile. If it's in the house I'm just going to enjoy it. Once it's gone, it's gone and maybe I'll remember not to buy it in the future (except for special occasions...because you've got to allow for those).

2. I'd like to remind everyone that despite the overabundance of media time devoted to the Presidential election -- which is important to be sure -- there are a lot of other elections taking place. If nothing else, pay attention to who is running for Congress and the Senate in your area. State and federal. Governors, mayors, county commissioners, city council. All of these elected offices have a big impact on our day to day lives. Don't get distracted by the circus.

3. And speaking of politics...can we all just agree right now to stop name calling? To stop being arrogant and condescending or arrogant and bullying toward people who disagree with us? Please, and thanks.

4. Olympics! A nice break from the circus.

5. So, I'm in the middle of watching Star Trek Voyager on Netflix. I'd say it's a rewatch except I never actually watched Voyager when it was on. I hear that it's not as well-loved as other Star Treks, but so far I'm digging it. It's slowing down my reading at the moment, but it's giving me my story fix. 

6. Speaking of books, I've bought three in the past week. Two non-fiction! Crazy. It's all the recommendations I'm getting from The Happy Hour podcast. (which you all need to go listen to, especially if your name is Nancy, Erin, or Tess).

Off to laundry! (and one more Skinny Cow Salted Caramel Pretzel ice cream bar. No judging)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for a new podcast! I'll totally listen!

    I love ANYTHING salted caramel. Sadly..no chocolate. :(

    I could not get into Voyager. We watched it but not with the same passion as the others. Just like you said. It was okay though. I mean, I still watched it. I think we were in Germany so my television was limited. Does that count? A captive audience? ;)

    I'm getting the Olympics after the fact. As I'm interested I google it and watch the parts I want to. I know. Not really in the spirit of it but I never seem to be where I need to in order to see the action as it's happening. So...doing what I can. Better than Trump though. Not a far leap...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am definitely watching Olympics after the fact too. We don't have cable and our antenna is spotty so streaming is just easier (we've borrowed a friend's log in for the duration).

    ReplyDelete