Friday, June 30, 2017

A Friday list

1. It occurred to me today that we leave for camp in a week. I foresee a bit of frantic-ness and perhaps some excessive list-making in my future.

2. I've been staying up way too late at night re-reading The Queen's Thief series by Meagan Whalen Turner so I can get started on the newest addition to the series (I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago). It's a fantastic re-read because it's been long enough since I read it the first time that I don't remember a lot of detail, plus it's got enough substance -- both plot and character -- that it really holds up to being re-read. I just love these books so much. (Obviously...did I mention the too many late nights?)

3. This morning's exercise included a short run-walk (tiredness + jungle-like humidity = a little bit of walking mixed into the running) and mowing the lawn. I'm pretty sure I sweated (is that a word?) out about two pounds.

4. I'd been hoping to sneak in a trip to the theater to see Wonder Woman before camp, but that's not happening. Maybe it'll stay in the theater a while and we can go after. It's doing so well that it seems possible.

5. I've joined a challenge -- Jon Acuff's "Summer of Finish." It's supposed to be an encouragement/motivator to finish something by the end of the summer. I'm using it as a writing challenge because I'm this close to finishing a project I've been working on since forever. Of course, you think that would mean when I get done with this list I'll get to work, but....real talk I'm probably going to take a power nap first. I mean....work smarter (with a little rest) not harder, right?

 Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment